Ways that can help when going on job interviews
The Art of Selling Yourself
Call Number: 650.1R
Publication Date: 2012-10-11
Set yourself apart from the crowd! In today's troubled economic market, everything is a tough sell. From products to services, everyone is consuming less as they tighten their belts. In this respect, it's easy to forget that the job interview is becoming more and more like the showroom—where the interview itself is the pitch, and the product you're selling is yourself. The Art of Selling Yourself will provide you with the knowhow you need to navigate today's tough business terrain and achieve success in your career and your life. It shows exactly how uniquely successful people—from Mark Zuckerberg to Warren Buffett—have achieved success, and provides you with the latest management knowledge from leading academies and universities. With an easy-to-use, ten-step process, this book will assist you in: • Developing more confidence • Swiftly recovering from challenging setbacks • Taking control by letting go of anxiety • Networking not just for business, but for pleasure • Conversing comfortably on topics that may be a bit out of your reach • Succeeding in areas you never previously considered by moving out of your comfort zone • Creating lasting, genuine connections with others • And much more! In short, this book will make you a pro at selling your most important asset—yourself! .
- ISBN: 6310640992 :Physical Description: 1 videodisc : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. Publisher: [North Branch, NJ] : Daniel Peters Productions, c2005.
2. Acing the interview : how to ask and answer the questions that will get you the job / Tony Beshara. Beshara, Tony, 1948- (Author).
- Record details ISBN: 9780814401613 (pbk.) ISBN: 0814401619 (pbk.) Physical Description: viii, 280 p. ; 23 cm. Publisher: New York : American Management Association, c2008.
3. The job search solution : the ultimate system for finding a great job now! / Tony Beshara. Beshara, Tony, 1948- (Author).
- Record details ISBN: 0814473326 (pbk.) ISBN: 9780814473320 (pbk.) Physical Description: viii, 294 p. ; 24 cm. Publisher: New York : AMACOM, American Management Association, c2006.
4. From learning to earning : success strategies for new grads / Dan Finnigan and Marc Karasu.
- Record details ISBN: 1402728255 : ISBN: 9781402728259 Physical Description: 182 p. : ill. ; 21 cm. Publisher: New York : Sterling Pub., c2006.
5. The smart new way to get hired : use emotional intelligence and land the right job / Lisa Caldas Kappesser ; with a foreword by Steven J. Stein.
- Record details ISBN: 9781593576646 : ISBN: 1593576641 Physical Description: xiv, 226 p. : ill. ; 23 cm. Publisher: Indianapolis, IN : Jist Works, c2010.
Publication Date: 2004-01-26
Interview Power is a complete and comprehensive interviewing guide. It is filled with hundreds of practiceal ideas, strategies, and tips, enabling readers to obtain more job offers and negotiate higher salaries.Interviw Power opens up the secret of effective interviewing - the art of selling one's strengths by describing past accomplishments. Interview Power is one of the few books (and probably the best) that shows readers how to back up what they say about themselves with actual work examples that prove they have the employer's desired strengths. Knowing this secret is the most powerful tool in effective interviewing.Interview Power:Shows how to overcome objections and get the offer.Demonstrates how to deal with illegal questions.Reveals how to quickly build rapport with the interviewer.Shows readers how to truly sell themselves.Prepares the reader for the 17 major types of interviews.Ensures that nothing with take the reader by surprise.
Publication Date: 2013-10-15
First impressions (and second ones!) count, whether you are an intern or a CEO. Lauren A. Rothman addresses an age-old dilemma: how to be appropriate and stylish in the workplace. Based on a decade of experience in the fashion industry, she addresses the basics of fashion and executive presence by offering advice, anecdotes, and style alerts that help readers avoid major fashion faux pas at the office. Style Bible: What to Wear to Work is the must-have resource for the modern professional, male or female, climbing the ladder of success. Lauren identifies the ultimate wardrobe essentials, and reveals shopping strategies and destinations for the everyday person. Style Bible, complete with helpful illustrations, is the go-to manual on how to dress for every professional occasion and a valuable resource for understanding dress codes by industry, city, and gender so that your visual cues will make a strong impact. Make a commitment to being better dressed at work with Style Bible.
When Can You Start?
Publication Date: 2013-03-01
Publication Date: 1998-01-19
Interviewing in today's fiercely competitive job market can seem like walking through a minefield. New trends in corporate strategy and structure have led to dramatic changes in what employers look for in prospective employees and in the types of questions you will be asked during an interview. In this revised and expanded edition of their bestselling career guide, two experienced counselors share their inside knowledge --and the expert advice of Fortune 500 recruiters --to equip you with the interviewing skills you need to land the job. Here's where you'll find: * The key characteristics that leading companies look for in prospective employees --and how to project them * The fifty most frequently asked questions --as well as detailed scripts of the best answers * The Power Prep Strategy --practice sessions to perfect your interview techniques * Tips on positioning yourself during an interview --how to convey your added value * Strategies for power negotiating, overcoming differences with an interviewer, narrowing your job search --and much more.
Rockstar Your Job Interview
Publication Date: 2013-06-01